We have so many great customers and wanted to share a few of our favorite breakfast recipes we received from them in our contest two weeks ago. Reviewing these made us hungry!
We learned the importance of Breakfast from our previous blog post, What is National School Breakfast Week, so here are three fun recipes that encourage students to eat breakfast at school!
These recipes are now available in our global database and can be used by other districts to promote school breakfast.
Glazed Ham and Cheese French Toast Sandwich
Recipe from Anacortes School District: Anacortes, WA
Cinnamon Glazed French Toast 30 pieces
American Cheese 30 slices
Sliced Ham 15 slices
- Yields: 30 ½ sandwiches
- Total Calories: 321.9 kcal
- Credits: 2.5M/MA; 1.75WG
- Pull amount of glazed French toast out to thaw a day ahead.Place product in a single layer on a clean pan and keep in walk in overnight.
- Morning of, place a pan liner on a sheet pan, place french toast in 3x5 rows (15 per pan).
- On top of the first layer of French toast place 2 slices cheese, 1 slice of ham and top with other 15 French toast slices.
- Place in warmer for approximately 25-30 minutes or until temperature and melting is reached.
- Cut each sandwich in half on a diagonal and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serving is 1/2 sandwich.
Recipe from Tustin Unified School District: Tustin, CA
Scrambled Eggs 20 pounds
Potato Rounds 20 pounds
Turkey Sausage Patty 36 patties
Shredded, Cheddar Cheese 9 pounds
Tortillas, 10” 220 tortillas
Salsa 6 pounds
Cumin Spice 3 tbsp
- Yields: 220 Breakfast Burritos
- Total Calories: 432.5 kcal
- Credits: 1.75M/MA; 2 WG, 1 Starchy Vegetable
- Spray 2- 400 pans with Pam oil. Place 2-5# bags of eggs in each 400 pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degress, 25% moisture, cover pans with paper and foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir eggs, return to oven @ 350˚ for 20 minutes.
- Place eggs in the warmer or start assembly.
- On 3 sheet pans put potato rounds. Bake in the oven @ 350° for 25 minutes.
- Put potato rounds in warmer. Put turkey sausage on a sheet pan & bake @ 350° for 8 minutes. Let cool down for 5 minutes , then chop into 1″ pieces.
- Set aside turkey sausage in a bowl. In an extra large bowl add Tri-Tators. Break them up with potato masher.
- Add eggs, bacon, salsa & cumin mix together until uniform. Heat tortillas for 2 minutes in the microwave, one pack at a time.
- Scoop filling for burritos with a #12 Scoop. Add # 40 scoop grated Cheddar Cheese to each burrito. Roll burritos, put pick-up tissue around each burrito.
- Wrap each burrito with foil. Refrigerate or heat to 140° and hold until service.
Chicken Nuggets and Mini Maple Waffles
Recipe from Avondale School District: Avondale, AZ
Pancake Syrup 1 container (1.5oz)
Mini Eggo Waffle Bites 1 package
Chicken Nuggets 3 nuggets
- Yields: 1 serving (3 mini waffle sandwiches)
- Total Calories: 476.6 kcal
- Credits: 1M/MA; 2.5WG
- Waffle: Heating: Keep frozen until ready to use. Toast or heat before eating.
- Convection Oven: Preheat oven to 400-450 degrees F.
- Place waffles flat on baking sheet in oven for about 5 minutes or until crispy and hot.
- Place in hot box until ready to serve. Keep warm on service line, making sure the bottoms do not get overcooked and dried out.
- Chicken Nuggets: Cook from frozen state, single layer on parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Convection Oven 6-8 minutes at 375°F from frozen or Conventional Oven 8-10 minutes at 400°F from frozen.